Thursday, May 29, 2014

It's my birthday!!

Also, I have a new job now and I love it! I quit at Super 10 around two weeks ago after my boss went out on sick leave. To make a long story short, I wrote a very long letter to the home office (the CEO of Variety Wholesalers) detailing the crap that's been going on in the company. The letter got passed down to the district manager's boss, and the reply I got from him was that Steve (the district manager) is just "under a lot of stress." If we talked to customers the way he talks to us, we'd be fired on the spot. But anyway!

So now I work at the Omni Royal Orleans in the French Quarter as a In-Room Dining Order Taker. I actually really like it! They people I work with are really nice and cool. My normal shift is at night, but at the end of next week I am going to be working a few morning shifts and I am not looking forward to that. But hey, a job is a job.

What else has been going on with me? Good things, I am happy to report. I closed the secured Visa that I had with Capital One about a month ago and opened an unsecured Journey Rewards Card (for students) with them and they gave me a $2,000 credit line! That's my biggest credit card yet! To think, two years ago, no credit card company would give me a credit line and now I have almost $4,000 in established, unsecured credit! I am not going to open anymore credit cards either. I just want the ones I have now to increase my limits and I will be happy. :) I also joined a credit union through my job, so hopefully that will help me as well.

What else? Oh, I made the Dean's List again for the second semester in a row. I have a 3.66 GPA now. :) Next semester, my last at Delgado, should be the easiest and I should get all A's.

Enough for tonight. It's been a long day and I need my sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment