Sunday, December 29, 2013

Back to school is approaching!

Everything having to do with my last post panned out pretty well. I had a long talk with who I was talking about and we pretty much agreed to just be friends. In my mind, anyway. I realized just how hypocritical I was being in expecting him to wait for me. He's a good man and an excellent father (I was moved to tears more than once when I saw him Christmas Day), but he doesn't know what he wants out of life right now. I, on the other hand, know what I want and I need to put myself above anything else. Not doing so allowed myself to be in the predicament I am in now with my living situation. I'm not looking for love at all right now; I need to focus on myself first.

Enough about my personal love life. I'm supposed to go to a friend's house today so that we can work out but I haven't heard from her yet. I need to take a bath first anyway, so I have plenty of time. If it doesn't work out, I think today I am going to just tidy up the house a bit and then scour the Internet for some slow cooker recipes. My sister bought me one for Christmas and I seriously can't wait to use it.

I can't believe school starts in a little over three weeks. I am so ready. I can't wait for the online bookstore to display which books we need so I can go ahead and get them. I should only need a Chemistry 141 textbook, Chemistry 142 lab manual, and whatever book I need for English 102 and my history class. I am determined to get a 4.0 this semester, which would raise my GPA at Delgado to a 3.82. All of my classes are challenging this time around (even history since it's an honors course), so I just have to stay even more focused than I did this semester and I know I can pull it off. If I do it, I've decided to reward myself with a new iPhone. I've never owned a smartphone before, so it will really be a reward I can enjoy and really use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment