Sunday, October 20, 2013

Midterms are over!

After much hard work and sweat, midterms are finally over! Well, they were over about two weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to update this blog. :P

I have a pretty much guaranteed A in both Louisiana History and General Biology I (for science majors). Louisiana History is by far the most interesting class I am taking right now because it's always nice to know why things are they way they are. Louisiana (mainly New Orleans) history is so colorful anyway. Biology isn't so bad either, but it's just not a subject that catches my attention. I like my professor though, so it's all good.

The two B's I got for midterms were in English Composition I (honors) and Calculus I. My English professor told us he doesn't give A's for midterm grades because students more often than not will slack off if he does. So is that an A? It might be! In Calculus, my professor drops the lowest test grade at the end of the semester and adds in the bonus points to the test average. So, really, right now I have a 92.5 average once the first test (a 76) is dropped. Woop!

Needless to say, I'm having a pretty good semester so far. I would jump for joy if I get straight A's, but I'm not 100% confident that will happen. We'll see though!

I already have my schedule figured out for next semester too. Here it is:

CHEM 141 General Chemistry I (science majors) - 8:00-9:15am
FNAR 120 Art Appreciation: 9:30-10:45
ENGL 102 English Composition II: 11:00-12:15
HIST 240 Special Topics in History: Nazism and the Holocaust -2:00-3:15
MATH 222 Calculus II - 4:00-6:15pm


I am really torn over whether to take 5 classes or not. I decided not to take and honors English course because I heard the professor isn't that great. English has never been my strong suit anyway, and I am almost regretting taking it this semester. I don't really need to extra history class, but it's a topic that's always interested me since I was in middle school. Also, with it being an honors course, it keeps me in the honors program for next semester. :)

But school from 8am to let's say 6:30pm? Yuck. It's a good thing I always loved school!

No comments:

Post a Comment