Monday, October 21, 2013

Choosing an engineering major--Y U so difficult!?

I'm sitting here and I'm supposed to be working on my Louisiana History paper. Instead, I'm googling different engineering majors and trying to figure out which I want to go into.

My first pick was civil engineering, but I think it's an overcrowded field and the coursework is supposed to be pretty simple. Petroleum, maybe? UNO doesn't offer it, but the University of Louisiana at Lafayette does. I'm sure I could move to Lafayette if I wanted to. What about environmental engineering? It's supposed to be as simple as civil, and I'm not sure how the job outlook on that one is. Biomedical? I'd consider it, but I don't see any schools in Louisiana that offer it and out-of-state tuition anywhere is downright outrageous. Maybe chemical - it's a difficult (let's call it "challenging"!) curriculum, it's a main form of engineering, etc. I don't know. As I'm researching, I see LSU offers both petroleum and chemical engineering. Ah! lol.

I have to sleep on it for a few nights I think. The question is whether I want to move anytime soon. I do, but I guess I have to wait and see how my life is next semester. I should have a car and money should be paid back to me that I lent out by then, so we'll see.

I can't wait to be on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment